The following emerging technology organizations are raising money for 2012. Over the past few years the amount of money being donated to these types of causes has grown exponentially, but that was starting from about zero. Now that ideas like healthy life extension, accelerating technology, Friendly AGI and the Technological Singularity have gone mainstream, there is no better time to get involved, donate, learn about, and influence the technologies set to change you and your family forever.
- The SENS Foundation website | donation page
- The Methuselah Foundation website
- The Singularity Institute website | donation page – goal: to raise $100,000 for 2012
- Foresight Institute website | donation page – goal: to raise $30,000 by January 15, 2012 (challenge page)
- The Seasteading Institute website | donation page – goal: to raise $1,000,000 for 2012; matching grant: $500,000 from the Thiel Foundation (website)
- The Singularity University website | scholarships donation page
- humanity+ website | donation page
- The Long Now Foundation website | membership page
- Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) website | donation page
- Alcor Life Extension Foundation website | donation page
- Longecity website | membership and donation page
- Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies website | donation page
Kickstarter also hosts any number of interesting fundraisers for emerging technology projects like the successfully-funded BioCurious hackerspace and “The Human Project” app, hardware like the wildly successful (and still a few days left to donate!) Twine, and documentaries like the successfully-funded “The Methuselah Generation: The Science of Living Forever” and “The Synthetic Bio Documentary“.