Fine! Since I’ve been watching them all the past two months, I WILL rank all the Friday the 13th movies!
But know that this franchise is mostly awful and an embarrassment to horror. I honestly don’t know why this franchise is popular. Terrible. Just terrible.
1. Freddy vs. Jason (2003) – I really like this movie.
2. Friday the 13th (2009) – Yes, I’m as surprised as anyone! It’s not very good, but it’s the only one that kinda scared me, because a fast Jason is more frightening than a slow and plodding Jason.
3. Jason X (2002) – Jason goes to space! And it’s kinda fun! Kinda!
The Awful Rest
4. Friday the 13th (1980) – Not a good movie, but the best of the 20th century chapters.
5. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) – Ginny Field (Amy Steel) is my favorite of this franchise’s final girls, and the only character I want to see in a sequel set 40+ years later.
6. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) – a little meta humor helps, but not much.
7. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) – Carrie meets Jason! But it’s not very good!
8. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) – Crispin Glover and Corey Feldman are highlights, but ugh.
9. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) – But mostly he’s on a boat.
10. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
11. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) – If only.
12. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985) – Awful. AWFUL!
Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill this franchise. Die, die, die, die, die.